View Single Post
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I've been here a while

Name: Basil!!!

Points: 17,727, Level: 19 Points: 17,727, Level: 19 Points: 17,727, Level: 19

Re: Belief in God without Religion? - July 10th 2009, 07:27 PM

OOOOOoooo this is a FUN debate!!!! I can't possibly debate every side to it, but here are some great points that cropped up:

Quote:
God DOES NOT want you mixing other beliefs. The Bible is VERY clear about this, you either serve GOD, or you serve SATAN. Anything that isn't of God is from the Devil. I know this sounds very harsh but it is the truth and if you would like I will provide you several references.
This is interesting. So say someone lived their entire life without explicitly serving god, however she worked for the poor, saved lives, helped those around her and lived a life dedicated to bettering the lives of others. You're saying she's a theistic satanist and the enemy of god? Why should I worship him then?

Quote:
-The bible is the word of God written by men who followed him in his teachings.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 states that “All scripture is inspired by God….”
- 2 Peter 1:20-21, Peter reminds the reader to “know this first of all, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, … but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.”
So... the bible is the word of god because it says so in the bible? Enough said...

The concept of not worshipping god as sinful, as Lugez touched on, is a bit bizarre in my eyes. For me a sin is committing a reproachable act, and I can't see how not believing in something can be considered a reproachable act - in fact I'd hesitate to call it an act at all. For me the concept of sin must be universal, and not just confined to one particular faith.