Thread: Lonely
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 36,364, Level: 27 Points: 36,364, Level: 27 Points: 36,364, Level: 27

Re: Lonely - September 12th 2009, 04:16 PM

Hey there, Adel! Welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm really really glad that you decided to take the step to come on here and ask us for some advice! That's not a very easy step to take, and a lot of people never manage to ask for some help. But you've done it, so you should be really proud of yourself! You should never try to handle all your problems on your own, that's just too difficult!

I know it must be awful feeling like none of the people around you care, but I promise you they do. Why would someone be friends with you if they didn't care/want to? They wouldn't. They do love you very much, some people just aren't very good at showing how they feel! Of course your family loves you so much, they're your family! They love you by default.

I think you need to have a chat with them, Adel. They can't help you if they don't know whats going on! It's very difficult to open up to people, I understand that, but it's always worth it in the end. Keeping everything locked up inside does way more harm than good. If you don't think you can open up to them yet, then try to talk to someone else. A teacher, school counselor, anybody that you feel you can trust, even if just a little bit.

Suicide is not something anybody gets over. I've had people I barely knew commit suicide, and it devastated me. The pain it causes people who are close to the person who dies is so unbearable. You would really really hurt your loved ones, and I'm sure that's the last thing you want to do.

It's all really difficult right now, I know. But just hang in there. You have so many people who care about you. And we're all going to be here for you every single step of the way. Here's a list of people that can help you when you're feeling really down. Just stay strong, okay? You can get through this, I believe in you.