View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 12:18 PM

It's VERY difficult being a young mother. Wait until you're older, out of school, and have steady income and a strong, healthy relationship with someone. I could have never imagined, when I was pregnant, really how difficult it would be to take care of a baby. Honestly, I think that no matter how old you are, it's going to be a challenge. But I also think that waiting so you can best provide for your baby is really the best thing to do.

I notice that a lot of teen girls that want babies are completely aware that they're cute and cuddly and fun to play with... But I'm not sure that they realize that it's WORK.

I've only been a mother for almost three weeks now, but I can guarantee you that I've changed at least 250-300 diapers... He eats about every 2-3 hours, whether I need sleep or not. So that's roughly... 180 feedings just in the past couple of weeks. I haven't been able to go out on the weekends as much as I used to because it's getting colder and I don't want to take him out and have him get sick. I didn't leave the house at all of the last week and a half until yesterday. And it's hard when my husband goes to work and I'm here at night with our son alone. But Mathew working is the only way we're going to be able to pay rent, buy things we need, etc. It's hard... Not something that I would suggest any teenager to jump into.

No matter how much you think through it and think that you're ready... I really, really would advise against getting pregnant this young.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student