TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fairygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 10,116, Level: 14 Points: 10,116, Level: 14 Points: 10,116, Level: 14

Unhappy Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 05:00 AM

I know its stupid to do it deliberatly so young , and I probably wouldn't act on it.
Last Jaunuary, I had a miscarridge, and ever since I have gotten so upset every time I'm near a baby or start thinking about what happened.
It's even more difficult now that I go to a small school (about 130 kids), who the would-be father attends now, and that doesn't help any. Not at all.

Please help me....I'm just so sad, and my sister-in-law is having a baby in March, and I want to be happy for her, but I'm just so upset still....
Please...help...I'm only 15 and have no idea how to deal with this.

P.S. I'm now in a stable wonderful relationship now, but I don't want to mess it up by being stupid and letting my emotions get the best of me...
I tried talking to my parents about it, but they didn't believe me...

Them boys don't know about the wrath that's about to set down on them.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 05:24 AM

there is another post in this topic about the same thing. Maybe you two should try talking..It might help...

As i told her. Having a baby is a huge responsibility and a lifetime commitment. It's a lot harder than everything thinks. At 15 you're definitely not ready to have a child. I had my son at 17 and I wasn't ready. I wouldn't change it but i would've never tried to have a baby at that age.

You are still grieving the loss of your baby and getting pregnant would not help you out. It's very understandable to want to get pregnant after something like that happens.

I wish you the best, and please think about it before you get pregnant.

*Nellie*
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 05:33 AM

having a baby changes your life i was 19 when i had my first baby and it turns your life upside down. its not about you anymore its a about an other life. i think you are really young have lots to look forward to in the future. try talking to your mum again
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 12:18 PM

It's VERY difficult being a young mother. Wait until you're older, out of school, and have steady income and a strong, healthy relationship with someone. I could have never imagined, when I was pregnant, really how difficult it would be to take care of a baby. Honestly, I think that no matter how old you are, it's going to be a challenge. But I also think that waiting so you can best provide for your baby is really the best thing to do.

I notice that a lot of teen girls that want babies are completely aware that they're cute and cuddly and fun to play with... But I'm not sure that they realize that it's WORK.

I've only been a mother for almost three weeks now, but I can guarantee you that I've changed at least 250-300 diapers... He eats about every 2-3 hours, whether I need sleep or not. So that's roughly... 180 feedings just in the past couple of weeks. I haven't been able to go out on the weekends as much as I used to because it's getting colder and I don't want to take him out and have him get sick. I didn't leave the house at all of the last week and a half until yesterday. And it's hard when my husband goes to work and I'm here at night with our son alone. But Mathew working is the only way we're going to be able to pay rent, buy things we need, etc. It's hard... Not something that I would suggest any teenager to jump into.

No matter how much you think through it and think that you're ready... I really, really would advise against getting pregnant this young.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 01:49 PM

i think you should wait. like Chelsey said, it may seem super fun but its not easy. its not like what the movies or tv shows show about teenage mothers/fathers. every day is a challenge, and thats just how it is. wait. it'll be worth it, trust me.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 3rd 2009, 05:29 PM

Give it time, I know its a strong feeling to want to get pregnant and have a child of your own but you are still young, you still have alot to learn and alot ahead of you. Try and get out there with friends and distract this feeling of mourning and wanting, if you're still feeling a tug then I suggest that you do some babysitting, maybe that'll be enough to curb your urge to get pregnant.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
fairygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 10,116, Level: 14 Points: 10,116, Level: 14 Points: 10,116, Level: 14

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 4th 2009, 03:59 AM

I know its not fun and games.

The problem is, after I miscarried, I feel so empty and like its my fault in a way and I just want to find a way to fill up the emptiness. But I just don't know how.
I tried being with friends to distract me, but now its becoming such an obbessive thought.
And it'll get even worse once my niece/nephew (we don't know yet) is born.

Them boys don't know about the wrath that's about to set down on them.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Points: 9,463, Level: 14 Points: 9,463, Level: 14 Points: 9,463, Level: 14

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 9th 2009, 10:01 PM

omg. what a coincidence! i feel exactly the same! the differece is that i lost 2 bbie but i was ur age when my first on ehappend. it doesnt help ur not gettin supprot so try to talk to someone. u can message me if u like and i'll try real hard to help. does ur parents or friends know?

i must say it got me on a bit of a bby hunt after because i was lookin for something i litteraly lost and i felt empty. it wont b fair on the child though, remember that. one of the reason u most proably had a misscariiage is because ur womb is probably weak because of ur age. thats what happend to a 16 yr old and she had 6 miscarriages because she kept trying and trying after her 1st loss.

its not worth it because of the damage u r doin to urslef and the potential bby. they can be born with problems so it best to wait. honest.

xo message me (:

Candy =)
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: Wanting to become pregnant? - October 12th 2009, 05:04 AM

I know seeing your niece or nephew will make you think about it more...But you just have to realize that it wasen't your time yet...And it will come. Don't rush it. It's so hard being young and having children.

*Nellie*
Closed Thread