Thread: Female Advice Preferred: would this be rape?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19

Re: would this be rape? - November 7th 2009, 11:41 PM

Hi there,

I am so sorry for what you were put through. Violence is never, ever okay; you deserve so much better than that. I am glad that you were able to escape this relationship, and hope that you will soon begin the path of healing from these physical and emotional wounds.

Rape is defined as any unwanted penetration. RAINN's website states: Rape victims may be forced through threats or physical means. In about 8 out of 10 rapes, no weapon is used other than physical force. Anyone may be a victim of rape: women, men or children, straight or gay. So, in short...yes, what happened to you is considered rape.

Even though you were not physically hurt for refusing to have sex, he still forced you. Threats and verbal remarks are just as powerful as the use of a weapon or other means of physical harm. Any forced sexual intercourse is rape. This may be difficult to grasp right now, but you will be able to come to terms with it; just give yourself time.

Is there anyone you can talk to about what happened to you? It may be a very scary thought right now, but talking about these things can help SO much in the long run. Tell a close friend, a family member, a teacher...anyone you can trust. Getting these feelings out into the open, breaking the silence, will help you so much on your path to recovery.

Moving past such terrible, traumatic abuse will not be easy...but I promise, you WILL get through this. You are so strong, and you can overcome the abuse. This does not have to rule your life; it doesn't have to affect you so strongly forever.

Take care. If you'd ever like to talk about anything, my PM box is always open. You deserve support and understanding, and I would like to help.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"