View Single Post
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Points: 17,897, Level: 19 Points: 17,897, Level: 19 Points: 17,897, Level: 19

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - November 22nd 2009, 05:52 AM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?

Bisexual for now. Possibly lesbian, but I'm going to give myself time on that one.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?

About twelve when I realized that the way I looked at and thought of girls was similar to the way most girls think of boys.

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?

Multiple female crushes kind of led up to it. I just realized after awhile that it wasn't just admiration that I was experiencing.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?

I was 13, but I wouldn't really consider it a relationship since both of us were just curious and experimenting.

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?

Same as #3. After the third big crush I finally gave up and decided there was no point in trying to deny that I am attracted to women anymore.

5.When did "come out"

I came out to my friend a couple years ago, and she was cool with it. Then I came out to my sister. The only other places I've come out are online communities. I'm not afraid to come out to my family and I know they wouldn't judge me, I just feel like it would make things awkward.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?

Like I said, the people I've told were totally cool with it. Nothing changed in our relationships at all.

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?

Don't be afraid of experimentation. If you think you have feelings for someone of the same sex and they feel the same way, don't be afraid to try a relationship. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't work out or if you end up not being gay after all. If anything, it will help you to define your sexuality. Don't rush it, though. If you're not sure what to say, just say you're undecided.