View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Exelus Offline
Aspiring Psychologist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Russell

Points: 11,716, Level: 15 Points: 11,716, Level: 15 Points: 11,716, Level: 15

Re: So confused about religion. D= - December 7th 2009, 07:02 PM

As a religiously confused teenager, I can definitely associate with your problems. You may laugh at this, but I suggest that you look in to a loose form of Buddhism. Strict Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion, and they actually don't worship him. They believe in reincarnation, and if you lead a sufficiently righteous life, you will reach Nirvana. This is really nothing like heaven. It is described as a candlelight being blown out. Perfect serenity and peace.

Most of what they follow can be described as a better version of the ten commandments. Basically they tell you to do the best you can in life, and be the best person you can be. If you are interested in this kind of thing, or want more information on a religious subject, don't be afraid to let me know.

Since everyone else is mentioning it, I'll say that I'm a strict agnostic, and I really don't have any religious leanings. I do understand the need for faith though.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you still don't succeed, redefine success.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss