View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
lilangel! Offline
Speeding through life
Not a n00b

Name: Hannah

Points: 10,936, Level: 15 Points: 10,936, Level: 15 Points: 10,936, Level: 15

Re: Do you have a diagnosed physical or mental disability? - January 22nd 2010, 10:09 PM

Physical disability - Systemic onset chronic ideopathic juvinile rheumatoid arthritis.
it affects my whole body, legs and back more than anything, i have to use a wheelchair outside because my legs cant support my upper body and my upper body cant support my legs on my crutches for more than a few steps.
i take a big cocktail of medication everyday to keep me alive and out of hospital and chances are ill never be taken off them and will need a liver transplant at around 30 and am not expected to live past 55, but im supposed to be dead 5 times over so im good at defying the odds lol.
the doctors have no idea whats going on with me, im the complete opposite of a textbook case and there pretty much guessing what there doing with me, trial and error sort of thing.
i think i cope pretty well to be honest, i get on with my life and do the sorts of things 'normal' teenahers do, i just do it in my wheelchair. and my friends are awesome at helping me out, pushing me when i need it, opening stuff if i cant that day etc.
i have my days when i hate everything about my disability and stuff, but there not as often as they used to be.

and as for the mental disability, i have never been diagnosed because my psychologist didnt know how to word it haha. but pretty much it was to do with anger/stress/depression/OCD all rolled into one haha, really confusing, but i never took anything for it, just had therapy and went through a lot of different techniques.
long i know, but thats me lol

feel free to message me if i can help anyone with anything

-Hannah xx

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Les Miserables.

keep reaching and living your lives. you are who you are.

PM me whenever and ill do my best to help!

Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to or to have someone to listen to you