View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 21st 2010, 02:32 AM

First of all, I'm gonna start off by saying that I'm not quite seriously considering this quite yet for quite a few reasons. One, being that I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to commit to a permanent tattoo. another, being that I'm not 18. The last, being that I'm seriously like, broke. And probably will be.

But, just for fun, I like to think about it
As of now, I'd get "Live Again" On the underside of my wrist. (yeah, I know it'd hurt there.) For a few reasons, my signature will probably explain that. lol But to explain more, I got into that whole phoenix, live again thing from me trying to do my English homework, asking my boyfriend what I would be if i were a symbol, and he said I was like a Phoenix. Rising from the ashes of a shitty past life, to be a beautiful new creature. The Live Again part, I got from a song by Ours. Not so much the same message from the song, but it's similar. Anyway. Live Again part.

Rambling aside...

I've been torn between 3 colors. One, being your basic black/grayish color. To be simple, but also so that I see it.

The other, is white ink. It's not seen as easily, but I'd still see it. And it depends, but other people can still kind of see it so it'd kinda make them think "wait, what was that?" Plus, it'd kind of look like a scar. I'm not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don't think it's too awful because that’s what the quote is about for me, but hurting myself anymore. (I've also looking into scarification, but since decided not to)

The last, I just recently discovered. And that's UV Blacklight tattoo ink! It's not glow in the dark, that hasn't been perfected yet, but it glows under blacklights. (which I love like no other. Cause Raves are totally awesome) Anyway, I know it seems like it might be dangerous and toxic and such, but it's usually not. One brand, which I would get from, has been approved by the FDA and everything. They've done a crapload of testing, and it's looking to be pretty safe. Any stories I hear from people where it's gone wrong, they've always had it done from other companies and by people who dig into the skin too much.
This ink is also used on animals for identification. Animals by the way, that we later eat. So, even if I planned on eating my wrist...

So, that being said, now I'm totally torn between the three. Even though as I previously stated, this probably wouldn't happen for a year at least, if at all. same with the magnetic implants I was talking about not too long ago, and the corset piercings on the arm I've been somewhat thinking of. None of this would happen till I'm 18 or older, then I gotta wait until I actually have more than $5.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.