TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 21st 2010, 02:32 AM

First of all, I'm gonna start off by saying that I'm not quite seriously considering this quite yet for quite a few reasons. One, being that I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to commit to a permanent tattoo. another, being that I'm not 18. The last, being that I'm seriously like, broke. And probably will be.

But, just for fun, I like to think about it
As of now, I'd get "Live Again" On the underside of my wrist. (yeah, I know it'd hurt there.) For a few reasons, my signature will probably explain that. lol But to explain more, I got into that whole phoenix, live again thing from me trying to do my English homework, asking my boyfriend what I would be if i were a symbol, and he said I was like a Phoenix. Rising from the ashes of a shitty past life, to be a beautiful new creature. The Live Again part, I got from a song by Ours. Not so much the same message from the song, but it's similar. Anyway. Live Again part.

Rambling aside...

I've been torn between 3 colors. One, being your basic black/grayish color. To be simple, but also so that I see it.

The other, is white ink. It's not seen as easily, but I'd still see it. And it depends, but other people can still kind of see it so it'd kinda make them think "wait, what was that?" Plus, it'd kind of look like a scar. I'm not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don't think it's too awful because that’s what the quote is about for me, but hurting myself anymore. (I've also looking into scarification, but since decided not to)

The last, I just recently discovered. And that's UV Blacklight tattoo ink! It's not glow in the dark, that hasn't been perfected yet, but it glows under blacklights. (which I love like no other. Cause Raves are totally awesome) Anyway, I know it seems like it might be dangerous and toxic and such, but it's usually not. One brand, which I would get from, has been approved by the FDA and everything. They've done a crapload of testing, and it's looking to be pretty safe. Any stories I hear from people where it's gone wrong, they've always had it done from other companies and by people who dig into the skin too much.
This ink is also used on animals for identification. Animals by the way, that we later eat. So, even if I planned on eating my wrist...

So, that being said, now I'm totally torn between the three. Even though as I previously stated, this probably wouldn't happen for a year at least, if at all. same with the magnetic implants I was talking about not too long ago, and the corset piercings on the arm I've been somewhat thinking of. None of this would happen till I'm 18 or older, then I gotta wait until I actually have more than $5.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Points: 10,748, Level: 15 Points: 10,748, Level: 15 Points: 10,748, Level: 15

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 21st 2010, 12:03 PM

Nice ideas...

I have U.V tattoos, mostly on my face (totally invisible unless under blacklight) and there ace, but they do fade and eventually there wil be no tattoo to see.

White ink also fades ALOT, but ive never seen a block white ink tattoo so I dont know the effects.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 21st 2010, 03:26 PM

Yeah I heard that UV tattoos fade, I just wasn't sure how quickly they fade...

I also had this idea like, last night as I was trying to sleep. I thought "wouldn't it be rather cool to get Live Again in whichever I decide, then in the UV ink, get a big Phoenix along my arm?!"
So perhaps one day I might do that That way I get the cool effect of the whole UV tattoo thing, but also get the Live Again where I'll always see it, and the important part wont fade away so much.

I'd heard that white ink fades, I've heard it's not shown at all, and I've heard that it won't fade at all. So I'm really confused on it >.>

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 22nd 2010, 03:09 AM

Hey-

I looked into the white ink for a while. I think the concept is cool, especially if you're going to have it on your wrist or in another visible place.

I've never heard of UV ink but it looks super cool! Though, I'd consider how many blacklights you have around your house, as if you didn't have any it'd be kind of silly in my opinion. Especially for your first tattoo you want to keep looking at it and all that, so you'd want the ability to see it. The other thing when looking up about this, is that sometimes it's harder for the artist to make sure they're actually doing it right? But I don't know how true that is.

Though, in all things considered, maybe by the time you get money and turn 18 and all that, the ink will be progressed so that it lasts longer, works better, etc.

I think overall it's just if the pros outweigh the cons for you.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jellyfish Offline
No Rest For The Wicked
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 12,926, Level: 16 Points: 12,926, Level: 16 Points: 12,926, Level: 16

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 22nd 2010, 04:49 PM

I think you should have the live again in normal black and the pheonix in UV... sounds wicked! And maybe some white filligree around live again?
All 3

She flies with her
own wings

(#6 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 22nd 2010, 06:22 PM

White ink can be funny, It depends on the person getting the tattoo.

Ive found that some peoples skin loves white ink and it shows nicely and looks great (before the dreaded fade) after it fades I think its awful.
Ive also tattooed white ink on some people then had to admit to them I cant see it at all... its all about skin im afriad.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 22nd 2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topov View Post
White ink can be funny, It depends on the person getting the tattoo.

Ive found that some peoples skin loves white ink and it shows nicely and looks great (before the dreaded fade) after it fades I think its awful.
Ive also tattooed white ink on some people then had to admit to them I cant see it at all... its all about skin im afriad.
True true...
I have pretty pale skin, especially on my wrist lol I think that if I could get it tomorrow (with no permanent consequences to think about lol) I'd get Live Again in regular black, and the phoenix in the UV tattoo
Thoughts?

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 23rd 2010, 01:53 PM

I think that sounds awesome!

Gets your personal message across with a extra funky hidden surprise.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Oh, all the different tattoo colors... - February 23rd 2010, 07:11 PM

I'm actually really really likeing the idea. I mean, I've watned 'live again' for awhile now, maybe almost a year. But I think once I turn 18 I might actually do it. I was totally scared for awhile that I'd get a tattoo, and 3 months later hate it and regret it so much because I do tend to have mood and personality changes. (well... I suppose only one, and that was me going from girly to. whatever this is. lol and that was gradual years ago)

But unless I have any second thoughts between now and whenever I can get it, I'll probably go ahead and at least get the live again part, and go back with more money and shit for the Phoenix later down the road.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Closed Thread