View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20

Re: eating disorder? - March 6th 2010, 05:28 PM

Are you able to see a doctor? If so, that's your best bet, because a doctor can tell you exactly how much to be eating. Otherwise, let your parents, or the counselor, help you. Ask them how much you should be eating, and they'll have a rough estimate for you. Also, observe what THEY eat, and see what "normal-sized" meals are like. There's nothing wrong with taking small portions, but they need to be caloric enough so that your body is getting enough food to prevent you from losing weight.

Just another note--if you are eating small portions, it doesn't mean you're anorexic. Anorexia has a whole other component to it, which is distorted body image, thinking you're fat, feeling very negatively about the way you look, and starving yourself in order to lose weight. It doesn't sound to me like that's where you are at right now. So in that respect, don't worry. The only thing to keep watch of, is that it doesn't turn into that. Sometimes the line between self-love and self-hate can be crossed quickly, especially when things are tough. That might have been what your counselor was getting at.

I'd talk with your counselor about this and he can help you out.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”