Thread: Triggering: Is this rape?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AnaMZ Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: Is this rape? - March 20th 2010, 09:46 AM

Alright hun, I'm going to be blunt with you here. Both situations are considered as rape.

The first situation is rape because you were made to be in a situation where you were not in control of your own body, and you were not even aware what was happening. Even if you say "yes" to sex, if you were drunk while you said it, it is not consent, because you aren't capable of making responsible decisions at that time. So, if he ever says to you that "You said you wanted sex", this does not make it "not rape", because you were not fully in control of your body.

The second situation is rape, and considerably more serious I would say, because you actively refused to engage in sexual activities, and he still forced you to. As well as this, he also assaulted you, and tried to convince you that you "wanted it". If you are uncomfortable with a situation, you have every right to say no, and people will believe you if you come forward about this.

Please, I cannot urge you strongly enough, talk to an adult that you trust about this. These are both cases of non-consensual sexual activities, and neither of these are your fault, but you must speak up. You clearly said no to activities that you weren't comfortable with, so don't feel guilty or feel that you were giving signs that you "wanted" sex, because this is clearly untrue. What they have done is illegal, and thoroughly wrong. Please, please tell somebody. If the adult you talk to is unwilling to take this to the proper authorities, find another adult and tell them as well, or go to the police yourself. Many women do not report sexual assault because they are embarrassed, are made to feel that it's their fault, or are convinced somehow that it's "not really rape". But it's very, very important that you tell authorities about this. If Anthony gets away with this, another young girl like yourself could be forced into the same situation, and nobody wants that.

On a final note, I am not trying to victim-blame here, but: both of these incidents were a result of meeting up with people that you first met online. The internet is not a safe way to meet real-life friends, particularly for younger users, as it is very easy to lie about your age, your personality, anything. I would urge you very strongly to not meet up with people that you meet online. Or, if you do, go with somebody else that you trust.

Dear You,
You can make it through this. The clouds will not last forever.
From Me.