View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Pessimistic Panda Offline
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

converting to Islam. choice between family or religion - May 24th 2010, 02:59 PM

I'm going to convert to Islam. I am so happy but my family isn't they're mad at me because of all they read on the 'so called' evils of Muslim life.They're on all the bad stuff they hear on the news my sister got into something about muslim men being mean to their daughters, and how bad she "read" it is. and i don;'t know if it's her feeding my mom these lies or what but it's bothersome. My 'boyfriend' is being drug into the mix as well. my mom's on the fact he's wanting to do it because she believes or read (don't know which) in Islam that women are beneith men.

so she thinks that he's doing it to feel superior over me or something. I don't know what to do or if this topic belongs in family instead. I'm just not sure if I should pick my family or religion.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus