View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: Keeping a child from a rape? - June 17th 2010, 04:16 AM

If I were you, I wouldn't have an abortion. I know that this is completely your decision, and I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise, but I wanted to share my general opinion. Unfortunately, when you become pregnant, even if was not by your own doing, you have to think about your baby too. Even if you didn't sign up for it, that baby is now your responsibility, even if it isn't what you signed up for. You have to think about what it wants, what's best for it; not just what's best for you. There's no guarantee an adoptive family would take perfect care of the child, no, but there's also no guarantee that you could take care of the child on your own. You need to sit down and think about this, because your the only one who can make the decision in the end.

Personally, if I were in your situation, I would give the baby up for adoption. I know that I wouldn't be able to take care of the baby, and that while there is a chance that the adoptive family might not do that great of a job either, there's more of a chance that they'd do a better job than I would. And if I killed my baby, I know I'd regret it for the rest of my life.

Just my thoughts! I hope you find it easier to make the decision soon, and I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Good luck.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts