View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
BrokenHeart315 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Belle

Points: 9,961, Level: 14 Points: 9,961, Level: 14 Points: 9,961, Level: 14

Re: Keeping a child from a rape? - July 2nd 2010, 02:15 AM

Hi there.
First of all, as a survivor of rape myself, you are much stronger than I am. If I had gotten pregnant, I couldn't have done anything other than give it to another couple who want a child but cannot.
So let's review your options:
Abortion: I am extremely against abortion in all cases, even in rape, so I would not advise you to do this. No one judge me, even if I did get pregnant by my rapist, I wouldn't have dreamed of getting an abortion, the life that would be starting should not be snuffed out because their father was an idiot.
Adoption: People are put through the wringer getting a baby to adopt, so the chances that the adoptive parents won't be capable of raising your child are slim, if they exist at all. And most of these couples are unable to have children, whether it be because they are gay, single, or just plain unable to have children. You can choose the parents if you prefer, and an open adoption is always an option.
Or if you would rather, keep the baby. I personally haven't checked, but I think that there is a way to get some money to help care for your child. And if you are strong enough to do this, bravo.
I may be young, but keep in mind that I had to face the fact that I might be going through a situation much like yours not too long ago.
I'm here to talk if you need someone. This is a hard time in your life, and no one should have to deal with this alone.