View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
NeverFeltThisWay1991 Offline
Got It All Now
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14

Grieving not for me... but for a friend - July 5th 2010, 06:23 AM

I might not have known this boy but he was really close to a my mom's friend's daughter who is almost like a sister to me.

On Canada day here, at around 11 PM, a 13 year old boy was killed in a car collison caused by a drunk driver. The little honda civic was side-struck on the passanger side by a Dodge truck and killed the boy instantly. His 18 year old brother/friend (my mom wasn't clear on it) was flown to Calgary hospital with serious life threatening and is now stable...

What I can't understand is that the Drive of the truck is getting less than nothing as a punishment and is already allowed to apply for bail. I can't wrap my head around our justice system and how a murder can get away with killing a 13 year old boy. Ending his life before he even got a chance to start it.

I feel bad for the family because they will never know what he could have become...

I don't know why I can't get over this and why it's making me want to cry. I didn't know this boy, or his family. But yet I am still so angry about it... How do I deal with how I am feeling? I have never felt this way before