TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Got It All Now
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14

Grieving not for me... but for a friend - July 5th 2010, 06:23 AM

I might not have known this boy but he was really close to a my mom's friend's daughter who is almost like a sister to me.

On Canada day here, at around 11 PM, a 13 year old boy was killed in a car collison caused by a drunk driver. The little honda civic was side-struck on the passanger side by a Dodge truck and killed the boy instantly. His 18 year old brother/friend (my mom wasn't clear on it) was flown to Calgary hospital with serious life threatening and is now stable...

What I can't understand is that the Drive of the truck is getting less than nothing as a punishment and is already allowed to apply for bail. I can't wrap my head around our justice system and how a murder can get away with killing a 13 year old boy. Ending his life before he even got a chance to start it.

I feel bad for the family because they will never know what he could have become...

I don't know why I can't get over this and why it's making me want to cry. I didn't know this boy, or his family. But yet I am still so angry about it... How do I deal with how I am feeling? I have never felt this way before
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19

Re: Grieving not for me... but for a friend - July 5th 2010, 01:20 PM

It is OK to feel this way. Do not be afraid to cry and do not worry that you are angry. You have a right to be. Frankly, this is not uncommon when a young person dies if the person was killed in this way it can be even worse.

I am so sorry about your loss and feel free to PM me.
Closed Thread