View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 03:42 PM

I was raised Catholic, but I was also taught Shaker values as a child. So I guess I was a Catholic Shaker.

I switched to atheism because my life was absolutely terrible when I believed in God, and I thought by rejecting him it would be better. After a while that rejection turned into non-belief, and I'm now a LeVeyan Satanist.

Even though I feel my religion is more of a philosophy, it's very important to me. The basic messages are to put your health and happiness first, and that concept has helped me a lot. I never put myself first before and I suffered for it. Now I remember that I'm important too. And to me, this is what a religion should do - it should make you happy and encourage you to stay that way; it should remind you that you matter.

I think it takes time, thought, and a bit of research before deciding to follow a religion. I don't think it's necessary to agree with everything in a religion, but you should agree with their basic beliefs at least if you choose to identify yourself with them. Then you have to ask yourself a few questions, such as, does this religion make you happy, or will it lead to you being happier? If you'll be miserable with a certain religion, don't join it.

I have my spiritual side as well, and the soul number is definitely something I would be interested in. I know I have an old soul, but I never knew there was a number to express that. So that's really cool

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2