TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Points: 17,698, Level: 19 Points: 17,698, Level: 19 Points: 17,698, Level: 19

:hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 04:01 AM

heya peoples.
im not really religous, but after seeing my councerlor today im thinking about it more. he is also a minister. he told me i have a soul number of 11.. an old soul. im just wondering if a few people could state their religion and what it means to them, maybe explain it a little bit to me? (but please no debating, or putting down others religions)
becka

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 04:20 AM

I am a born-again Christian. I believe in God and Jesus. I believe the Bible. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day. I believe that Jesus has saved me from my sins and that when I die, I will spend eternity with Him.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 04:48 AM

What is a soul number and how did your minister/counsellor determine you're a certain soul number? Is it just the last time you believed in a certain belief or something else?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 05:01 AM

http://ezinearticles.com/?Divining-Y...umber&id=16643 read this it will explain it better then i could

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I've been here a while

Points: 34,930, Level: 26 Points: 34,930, Level: 26 Points: 34,930, Level: 26

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 05:37 AM

Hi Beka.

I was raised Catholic. But now study Buddhism.

I done some looking into numberology but never heard of a soul number.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 01:07 PM

Hey Beka, great question
It's always good to explore your spirituality and beliefs a little more, even if it means straying from the path you were brought up to follow.
I was born and raised Catholic until I was 15 when I met a Wiccan on a creative writing website which is when I started to allow myself to question what I was taught about religion.
When I was 16 I decided I wanted to learn more about Wicca and now am learning bits here and there.
I don't practise it because I don't know much and don't know how. But I do believe in the God and Goddess and the powers of different crystals and such.
Hope this helps

~ Nat

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 03:42 PM

I was raised Catholic, but I was also taught Shaker values as a child. So I guess I was a Catholic Shaker.

I switched to atheism because my life was absolutely terrible when I believed in God, and I thought by rejecting him it would be better. After a while that rejection turned into non-belief, and I'm now a LeVeyan Satanist.

Even though I feel my religion is more of a philosophy, it's very important to me. The basic messages are to put your health and happiness first, and that concept has helped me a lot. I never put myself first before and I suffered for it. Now I remember that I'm important too. And to me, this is what a religion should do - it should make you happy and encourage you to stay that way; it should remind you that you matter.

I think it takes time, thought, and a bit of research before deciding to follow a religion. I don't think it's necessary to agree with everything in a religion, but you should agree with their basic beliefs at least if you choose to identify yourself with them. Then you have to ask yourself a few questions, such as, does this religion make you happy, or will it lead to you being happier? If you'll be miserable with a certain religion, don't join it.

I have my spiritual side as well, and the soul number is definitely something I would be interested in. I know I have an old soul, but I never knew there was a number to express that. So that's really cool

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 03:56 PM

To be honest I never know what to call myself. I wouldn't quite say I'm a Christian, because I don't believe in Hell, and I'm not sure that I believe in Jesus.

I was raised a Christian and have defined myself as one up until recently. But now my basic beliefs are that there is a higher power, and that we all had a life in Heaven before we had a life here on earth. We were sent here to learn and take our lessons back to Heaven with us. The Bible was written to guide us through life, but if we do not wish to follow God then he will be accepting of that, and we'll still find a place in Heaven.

So I guess I follow my own religion.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 09:12 PM

I was a Christian and now a theological non-cognitivist. I still do study some Christianity because it's one of the most common religions in the world and in the area where I live, there's a good amount of churches and even a Christian science building/church. So I thought it'd be good to learn about it and learn more through debates. I also dabble in different kinds of Satanism (i.e. LaVeyan, theistic, Luciferianism, etc...) because I always heard people referencing and blaming Satan/devil in religion as well as in society and certain forms of music. So I decided to research it to understand it a bit, then I found it interesting, starting with LaVeyan Satanism as the first I found then also looked around at theistic satanism and so forth. I take some of the philosophies of all of it with me. I looked into the rituals or magick of LaVeyan Satanism, found some of it interesting but I haven't felt the need to do any of them or join any of them.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 3rd 2010, 10:06 PM

I was raised Christian. Both of my parents are Christians. My grandparents, however, were raised Catholic but later turned to Christianity. Lately, I've been questioning my religious beliefs. I believe in God and Jesus. I believe that Jesus did die on the cross for our sins. But what I don't agree with in my religion is all of the nitty gritty beliefs people have that are somehow backed up by the Bible. Like how homosexuality is a sin and that other religions besides the Christian religion are somehow bad. To me, things like that just make people loose focus on what God and His word is really about and it's just another way for people to separate from one another.

I found a site that had all of this information about every religion you can think of. Also on this site they had a test you can take to figure out how your beliefs match up with other religions, then they would match you up with different religions based on percentages. I took the test and got some very interesting results. The results told me that I had the beliefs of someone who was Reform Jewish.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

Last edited by rosesRblue; August 3rd 2010 at 10:15 PM.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 4th 2010, 01:32 AM

hey thanks guys. Dani do you mind giving me the link for that site please?

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 4th 2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
I am a born-again Christian. I believe in God and Jesus. I believe the Bible. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day. I believe that Jesus has saved me from my sins and that when I die, I will spend eternity with Him.
Agreed completely.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 4th 2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_fish_bunny View Post
hey thanks guys. Dani do you mind giving me the link for that site please?
Oh, no problem. It's http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainme...iefOMatic.aspx

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 8th 2010, 02:25 AM

Atheism. I am personally responsible for my actions and I have a duty to myself to help other people into making the world a better place for the people I come into contact with. I have one life to live and I need to make the best of it.

I think the site is called Religioustolerance.org that has a lot of information on different religions too.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Adonai Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,493, Level: 13 Points: 8,493, Level: 13 Points: 8,493, Level: 13

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 21st 2010, 12:57 AM

I suppose I'm an atheist since I believe there is no god. But I lean towards some of the Buddhist values and paths and do believe in karma and reincarnation from Hinduism. I was raised catholic, but once I began actually understanding what I was "believing/worshipping", I turned away from structured religion.

Many parts of the bible, Koran, Torah and other Christian readings disturbed me with their messages and I try my best to continue reading them so that I understand others when they tell me I'm going to hell. I don't think I am such a horrible person, definitely not perfect, but do I deserve to be tortured for eternity?
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
je taime Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Victoria

Points: 8,557, Level: 13 Points: 8,557, Level: 13 Points: 8,557, Level: 13

Re: :hehe: new to religion - August 23rd 2010, 02:29 PM

I'm an agnostic atheist, meaning that while I don't believe in God, I don't pretend to know whether one exists or not.

I was a theist looking for religion for the longest time, but I could never find one that really fit my beliefs. And after a time of thinking deeply and trying to define my beliefs, it struck me. There really wasn't any reason at all for me to believe in God, I realized that the concept just made no sense to me. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders, I didn't have to lie to myself anymore.
Closed Thread