View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20

Re: dating people you met online, the good things. - August 17th 2010, 03:20 PM

My relationship ended because there was no immediate future (we each have school in our respective countries and neither of us could consider moving for years). It was probably one of the more painful things I've been through, because he and I were truly and deeply in love. It was simply that he couldn't do the distance anymore; it was causing him too much pain. When a relationship becomes more about pain than about happiness (and our truer happiness came from when we were able to see each other, only 2 or 3 times per year, really), then that's when you have to consider if it's worth it. That's one of the major disadvantages I see to a LDR. He and I met online, developed a great relationship, found we had amazing chemistry in person.... but he simply couldn't do it, and I can't blame him. =/ So unless you have a solid future planned out, such as one of you moving to stay with the other in the future, then I can't see it working out real well. Because no one wants a relationship that's purely distance or purely online (very few people, anyway), and it's especially hard for men, I've noticed; I assume this is because they're such physical beings. That being said, they can work, but I do believe a future needs to be involved.