Thread: Triggering: is this rape??
View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: is this rape?? - October 12th 2010, 04:50 AM

Well, it is hard to tell people, I will admit that. It isn't something you just randomly bring up. I would suggest you sit down with the person or people you want to tell and say ''I have something I really need to tell you....''. Of course you can start it off differently but just let them know that you need to talk to them about some important things and go from there. Something I did when I wanted to confide some important things to a friend was send them a message saying ''I really need a friend, do you think we could meet some time and talk?'' With that I let him know I needed to talk about something important and we were able to set up a date. Doing that took some of the pressure off of the situation because I knew my friend already knew I was struggling. Bring it up in a way that feels comfortable to you. If you want write a letter explaining what happened. It is all about being comfortable. Of course there is no way to feel 100% comfortable when confiding something like this but there are certain things that can make it easier, you know?