View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26

Re: Cutting/"Emo" jokes? - November 2nd 2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 View Post
I can understand why people might get offended but I think people need to be able to laugh at it, not because it's not a serious subject but just because a good laugh is healthy for everyone.
I used to SH myself, and I've always laughed at the jokes, and made them myself.
If you're not comfortable with them then telln your sister to not be offensive, but you can't really stop everyone from making jokes =/
I agree with this. You've honestly got to learn to take a joke and have some fun. I've self harmed in the past, but now I can sit and laugh about it. When people are making jokes, they're not meant to be taken seriously. I can laugh and joke about self harm, but I could also sit down and talk about it seriously if needed.
I've had quite a bit of a backlash from people thinking a certain joke wasn't funny (When i'm sad, I cut myself a slice of cheesecake - honestly, it's about cheesecake!). It's not meant to be offensive, it's meant to cheer people up. I think you need to relax a bit and just allow yourself to laugh.

Last edited by Prozac; November 3rd 2010 at 01:02 AM.