(#10 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Points: 11,407, Level: 15 Points: 11,407, Level: 15 Points: 11,407, Level: 15

Re: Cutting/"Emo" jokes? - November 2nd 2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 View Post
I can understand why people might get offended but I think people need to be able to laugh at it, not because it's not a serious subject but just because a good laugh is healthy for everyone.
I used to SH myself, and I've always laughed at the jokes, and made them myself.
If you're not comfortable with them then telln your sister to not be offensive, but you can't really stop everyone from making jokes =/
There are some things you just don't joke about tbh. -.- SH is usually an indication that the sufferer is literally on the edge and barely coping from being so miserable. If someone makes an "emo joke" or makes fun of SH, it automatically puts them in my bad books, no questions asked. And if it's regarding a friend or a joke made directly to someone who suffers from SH/depression, I will say something, or take action.

Just for the record, I've never SH'd myself. But there are plenty of other things you can make a joke out of besides another persons misery. There's nothing funny about it whatsoever.

Currently inactive...
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.