View Single Post
  (#41 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Teen's Rape Charges Dropped Because Victim Kills Self - November 18th 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
To be fair the only evidence which could conclusively demonstrate that sexual intercourse took place would be medical evidence, which would only be raised at trial and not distributed to the media. It seems fair to say that such evidence or similar did exist, as I would be very surprised if the DA took the decision to prosecute based solely on the victim's testimony.
That's a fair assumption, but since we don't know the full details...the public can't assume that the 18 year old had sex with the 14 year old. If it clearly said that, yes, the 18 year old had sexual encounters with the 14 year old, then that would be considered statutory rape. However, the articles don't mention it. Therefore there is still a possibility that she wasn't raped.

Quote:
Leaving that aside, several reports have claimed that the defendant did admit they had sex, but that it was consensual.
Sources?

Quote:
As a further aside to this story, it appears further allegations of sexual misconduct have been made against the young man in question, and that he has now left the high school: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...vestigate.html
Isn't that oddly suspicious that another girl comes out and says something after the trial? Something doesn't seem right to me...
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 517856 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!