(#5 (permalink)) Old
Age of Ignorance Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: Pregnant? or not? - January 8th 2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidZN View Post
Just a quick question, has she taken a pregnancy test? Usually the home pregnancy test is recommended to be taken two weeks (at the earliest, for stronger present of hCG) AFTER she missed her expected period but, you know, since she haven't miss any period yet, this makes it hard.

Anyhow, at the very least, it might ease your worry a little. Home pregnancy test kits aren't very expensive, and safe; so there is pretty much no potential harm, except maybe your time and your wallet (and maybe your ears, too, if she's the know-it-all type). Make sure you two read the instruction carefully though.

I am fully aware that kits don't give 100% accurate result, but hey, guessing is definitely not helping. My personal policy is that it's better to be paranoid than to be sorry; the last thing you want to happen is for the baby to be hurt because of carelessness.

Good luck!
We still have pregnancy tests lying around somewhere (honest, they were for her friend who got her period the day after we bought them for her) and she's agreed to take one next time I see her, but I just wanted some mind-easing, you know?

We have taken one before and even though they're not 100%, it was the correct answer, at least. Only reason we had to take that one was because I had to promise my mum she would after my younger sister (14) fell pregnant and since we were sexually active, my mum wanted to be safe.

But thanks for the input, mate. Much appreciated.