(#3 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Points: 11,369, Level: 15 Points: 11,369, Level: 15 Points: 11,369, Level: 15

Re: Cutting - January 17th 2011, 03:49 AM

Hey taxs29,

I have a friend who came on TeenHelp four years ago for the exact same reason as you, to get help for his (then-)girlfriend.

DEFINITELY show her the list that Kelly posted. It's a very good one.

Also, if you can, try to find out why she cuts. You can't fight something if you don't understand it. It's much easier to defeat it if you know what makes it tick. So go find out what makes it tick, and try to get rid of it.

Show her how much she means to you, and how much you hurt that she cuts. Let her know that she's loved, and that you're trying to help her.

Something I know I would be strong enough to do, but might be inadvisable, is to promise her that every time she cuts, you cut too. This might sound like a horrible ultimatum, but speaking purely in terms of effectiveness... it does work.

Good luck, to both of you.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!