View Single Post
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: Children learning about religion - January 22nd 2011, 04:49 AM

Because all children are brought up differently, children will come across children with other beliefs and customs and I think that even though i HATE religious education at school, I think young children should learn it to accept other people who may be different. Because religion is such a big thing, they can't really not learn about it. I dont think there is any harm in learning it anyway, most of the time its not going to change what children think, as most children will follow their families (although if my child wanted to believe in God or something, I would have no problem with that). I have been learning Religious Studies since I can remember, and not once have I ever believed in any of it, mainly because my mum and I do not believe. It used to be quite fun though, but now I feel im missing out on another subject I could be learning and I pretty much use it as a bum class anyway, so now I am older I don't want to learn it so much, but for public schools, the young ones should learn it I think. But option for older children.