rac146 Offline
Missing Molly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ruth

Points: 10,359, Level: 14 Points: 10,359, Level: 14 Points: 10,359, Level: 14

Re: Milestones before Dating/Marriage - February 7th 2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Between the sheer number of marriages that end in divorce and the pro-women divorce laws that give her a claim on as much of my property and future income as she wants, why bother? I don't gain anything by marrying, and I stand to lose a great deal.
Its called a prenup

Living together and sex before marriage is not a must for ALL couples, I think every relationship needs to have its own standards to fit what THEY want as a couple.

Personally, I could go either way on both. I love having sex, but its not like a big deal breaker for me. Sex can also be improved on if the sex isnt so great at first. Living together, probably not going to happen until after college for me anyway, so I'm not worried about it.

Having my parents approval I dont care about, but I would like them to at least meet and be civil to each other.

Meeting extended family is a big deal in my family, and it usually directly precedes getting engaged (not always) so generally in my family you dont bring someone home unless its very serious. I want to meet my SO's family when he feels ready for that step.

Before marriage, I want a prenup. It's the ultimate way of saying, I love you, but I don't trust you.

Look a rattata!!!!