View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
sadprincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,019, Level: 13 Points: 8,019, Level: 13 Points: 8,019, Level: 13

Re: 16 year old dating 18 year old only two years apart - February 15th 2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanKinney View Post
I would talk to her parents about it, and trust me i will if it comes down to her breaking up with me because of it. but her mother is the type of person to say, "I'm going to put a restraining order on him" she has already told her that she was going to do that to her other Boyfriends.
I'm getting the idea that she and her mother don't communicate much. Maybe her mother is just worried that she will throw away her education and get knocked up or something. Is she the oldest child? Parents always have funny and irrational worries especially what it comes to their oldest child. It will be so much easier for the younger children, which I should know as the oldest child. If they don't even know with whom their daughter is going out, how can they be supposed to understand and accept. I know you have met them and spent time with them, even though you say her mother acts completely different around people(my mother is the same) and maybe it is so. Many people do that around people they don't know. Spend time with the whole family, if that's possible, simply as friends. Show the parents that you are a nice guy who has the best intentions towards their daughter (as ancient as it sounds) and that you were taught manners. People are always afraid of the unknown and I get the feeling her parents are acting this way because they are scared of perhaps losing their daughter.

I hope this helps a bit, I'm happy to talk more if you want to