View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NolanKinney Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13

February 15th 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadprincess View Post
I'm getting the idea that she and her mother don't communicate much. Maybe her mother is just worried that she will throw away her education and get knocked up or something. Is she the oldest child? Parents always have funny and irrational worries especially what it comes to their oldest child. It will be so much easier for the younger children, which I should know as the oldest child. If they don't even know with whom their daughter is going out, how can they be supposed to understand and accept. I know you have met them and spent time with them, even though you say her mother acts completely different around people(my mother is the same) and maybe it is so. Many people do that around people they don't know. Spend time with the whole family, if that's possible, simply as friends. Show the parents that you are a nice guy who has the best intentions towards their daughter (as ancient as it sounds) and that you were taught manners. People are always afraid of the unknown and I get the feeling her parents are acting this way because they are scared of perhaps losing their daughter.

I hope this helps a bit, I'm happy to talk more if you want to
She is the oldest, her two brothers are 5 and younger, I would love to try that, I just want the chance for her mother to get to know me first, before she makes up her mind, but i found out from my GF, she's the type of person who if she makes up her mind it's set in stone type deal.

I just don't want to lose her because of this, like i said I can see myself spending a very long time with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadprincess View Post
I believe in true love and I think the way you say you feel for her and about all that's happening between you two, might just be real love. And real love is worth fighting for. I'm not saying you should do something stupid like run away together, because that would only make things worse. I've been a 16-year-girl with difficult parents(and they still are very much so) so I can relate to what she must be feeling. I don't know her personally but I can imagine she feels the same way about you as I feel about my own boyfriend.

I would say, talk to her parents. Very few parents are actually simply evil and I'm not justifying their actions here but you're older than she is so you already should be mature enough to know there is two sides of the story. Try talking to them, tell them how you feel about their daughter and try to find out why they oppose the idea of you two dating, or dating as a whole. I've known religious people and they don't oppose love. Tell them you love her and you are even ready to wait for her if that's what they want. Oh, and talk to them without your girlfriend present or the discussion will most likely turn into a shouting or bitching competition. But do tell her you are going to talk to them, no need to be secretive about it.

I hope you will find a way to get through this, my best wishes to both of you!
I wouldn't run away with her, I'm going to stand my ground and fight through what ever is thrown at me, no matter what and i would never let her through away her highschool just to be with me. if she wants to go to the same school i am going to go to, she's going to need a diploma.

I want to so bad, but from what I asked her about it, she said it's not a great idea she thinks, because her mom will just get more mad and not trust her. i just wish her mother could see who i truely am, before she goes off and judges me from just talking to her for 10 mins, and we honestly didn't even talk about anything important or what mattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabell View Post
i wish i could say i had the same problem but i don't.
i had a problem where i met the perfect guy and it made the best summer of my life... the problem was that i was a distraction for both our educations. He recieved bad grades and as a result his father made the family move.. it was really hard to let go and keep distance or communication for him because it felt so dam rite.. but to be honest he and i both know it was for the best... I'm not sure if this is relevent to you but if it helps in any way... i'll be glad.. =) goodluck!
Sorry to hear about you guys moving apart, but i understand what you're saying, and thank you for the advice, and thank you for the goodluck. this is the type of girl i wouldn't want to give up because something like that, when you find someone like that you just know

Last edited by PSY; February 16th 2011 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.