View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
NolanKinney Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13

Re: 16 year old dating 18 year old only two years apart - February 15th 2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadprincess View Post
As much as you love your GF, remember that what she says about her mother is more than little biased. I was the exact same when I was 16, and I still am. I'm sure there is some truth in what she says but not all of it is the one and only truth. Her mother probably loves her very much and I can understand that your GF finds it very frustrating that she has to help with the chores and taking care of her younger brothers, but it's life. Older children always have to help with the chores and stuff, and when her brothers are older, they will have to help with the household stuff as well. It sucks, especially if she hates doing chores(like I do lol) but probably her mother thinks she's doing a favor for her daughter so that she isn't completely helpless when she moves out.

Love makes us often blind, and people are always a bit funny what it comes to their parents. Some people love them so much that they won't see anything bad in them, whereas some people won't see anything good in their parents. It's not good to be extreme in that way, and again, I suggest you try getting to know her family. I know that her little brothers would love it if you played with them, it would be like having a big brother for them, and it would really show her parents that you're not just some kind of creep who's going to hurt their daughter. They are trying to protect her, not necessarily in a good way but anyways.

Take small steps, talk with your girlfriend and support her when she feels like she can't take it anymore. I'm sure you're already doing that but it's really important. And give her family a chance, like you wish to do, and maybe you'll both be surprised to see that her family will actually give you a chance as well. It's not certain but you'll never know if you don't try..
I understand that you can't take one persons word, and judge another from what someone else says till you meet them. If what she says is true about her mom and step father being abusive to her emotionly, there's nothing i can do for her, sept for be here for her, like i am 24/7 when ever she needs to talk.
I'm going to try and hangout with her and her mother again in the future, but at the moment things aren't going well at her house hold.
I understand also about the chores, but when she does them everyday and isn't allowed to do anything, but do chores. it's kinda over doing it, in my own opinion, from what i'm told her mom and step father say that they're going to send her to jail for a long time, when ever they get the chance and the heat is up. I understand people when they get angry they say things they tend to of not of said if they wern't frustrated, everyone says things they regret later on while they're mad, I myself can relate to that.

I do talk to her a lot about her problems, and that's all i can really do, till next year. I made a promiss with her, that when turned 18, i would come and take her away. I'm not going to take her away from her family for ever, because i know what it's like to not have much family, i just think once she turns 18, and we're still dating, we'll live together and it'll give her a break from her mother.

I care about her a lot, and her past relationships used her for something, and i'm not like that, when I said I would be here for her no matter what the probelm was, i ment it with all my heart and at times like this because of her age, there's not much I can personly do.

I understand that being 16 is tough, because i went through most of the same things, but i was mad and pissed off at my dad, only because how abusive he was when i was younger, whole reason i started to lift weights, was to protect my sister and I from him, if anything ever happened or repeated it self from my childhood. It took a big change when my father got cancer, I was here for him and taking care of him. I don't agree what he did in the past was right, but the past is the past and if you dwell on it, it becomes worse.