(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: binge eating disorder(bed) - March 23rd 2011, 05:21 PM

Hey there,

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't know about this particular eating disorder. Most people do think that it's people who are trying to get skinny by not eating. Most people lack knowledge in the Eating Disorder topics. They are uneducated. The reason people over eat is because they are depressed or bored. So, in oder to cure the ED you have, you have t cure the causes of it. However, if you don't think it's a problem, then it might be harder to stop.

I think a good way to stop is by setting times of the day to eat your food. Give yourself an amount of time to eat as well. Make sure this is healthy for you though. I wouldn't want you to stray far the other way. Did your doctor diagnose you with this? Maybe your parents can take you to a nutritionist? They can create a healthy diet plan for you to follow based on various factors. When you get triggered or bored, try to do something that will distract you.

The key parts to finding a good distraction are as follows:
-Something that distracts the mind.
-Something that distracts the hands.
-Something that makes you happy.

If you combine all three of these-- then you're set to go. I would make a list of distractions that help you. Refer back to this list often when you are triggered. I implore you to add to the list frequently and always be willing to try out new things. To let you started, I think you should take a look at the Self Harm Alternatives Thread

I hope this helped!