View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22

Re: cutting my own hair?? - April 5th 2011, 10:19 PM

Ah the joys of cutting hair. I've never gone to cosmetology school, but I cut and color my own hair and have for years. When cutting these types of bangs
Get some thinning/layering scissors (I prefer ones with the teeth closer--this makes it so it's less chunky and more the same length).
Cut an eighth of an inch at a time. Don't try to cut any more than that at a time. Start at whichever side you want the shorter part of your bangs to be and start cutting there and gradually make a diagonal line downwards. One thing I do to help myself is I split my bangs into two sections right down the middle of my face vertically. One of these sections will start about an inch above your eyebrow and go down to where your forehead meets your nose (this is the side with the shorter bangs). The next section will start where your forehead meets your nose and go down to the top of your ear on that side (this doesn't mean to literally cut all the hair over to your ear, but make it so that's the length of the longest part of your bangs. Once you get a basic shape, start pulling some pieces that are on the top of your bangs and make them a little shorter with your thinning scissors. Make sure that when you do this your hair is dry and styled like how you would usually style it.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.