View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Head of International Monetary Fund Arrested For Attempted Rape - May 17th 2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
The jurisdiction of a court over an offence is determined by where the offence took place, not the nationality of the claimed offender. In this instance, as the offence took place in the Manhattan district of New York the case falls within the jurisdiction of the Manhattan Criminal Court and is heard under the terms of the New York Penal Code. The fact that he is French is irrelevant for these purposes as the offense did not occur in France or breach French law, and provided France has an extradition agreement in place with the USA (which I believe it does) they would be dutybound to extradite him.

Anyway, it's difficult to make any comment until the case has been concluded, but it's certainly a worrying set of allegations if nothing else.
That's what I thought! I didn't know whether or not he would have to be sent back to France or not (And I didn't say that just because of his nationality, I really thought that was what was supposed to happen). Thank you for clearing that up!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011