(#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Binge eating disorder - May 26th 2011, 05:48 PM

Hey there,

I can definitely relate to what you are going through, having been there at one point myself. Eating a is a way that some of us deal with feelings and emotions. It's a way of coping. It's safer then self harming, but it's not the best way to deal with problems. When you're feeling like you need to eat, can you try and do something else? There is tons of things that you can do in the place of eating. What things do you like to do? What things make you happy. By doing something that you like, you more likely to feel better. Where as over eating can tend to make a situation worse, and appears not to be affective sometimes. Over eating is just as unhealthy as not eating at all. The health risks are different, but still there, none the less.

When you're feeling like eating to rid an emotion, try out these things first. You can chug a glass of water so that you feel more full, don't ever eat in front of the TV and computer because you'll be mindlessly eating, which isn't the best. Also, a good thing to do is to eat more fiber, because fiber is filling.Eating is fine, but everything in moderation. I also would suggest creating a healthy meal plan and follow it. Also, maybe bring your family into all of this. Meaning, let them help you with not eating as much. It's perfectly okay to eat. So, don't get me wrong. There just needs to be a healthy balance and diet set in your life.

The last thing is talking to someone about this. I think that you should talk to someone about this. Or at least talk to someone about the emotions behind over eating. Is there anyone you can talk to? I'm sure there is. What about a teacher, school guidance counselor, friend, parent, etc? I know that talking about your emotions can be really scary, I get that. But it also can be really rewarding as well. The more you talk about your emotions, the easier doing so becomes. A great way to express yourself to people is by writing and showing them what's on the paper. That's what I do with my counselor. I write down all how I am feeling, hand it to her, and that's that. It's quick, and easy and the best way to organize my thoughts.

Hope this helped!