TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Midnight Tears Offline
Dont give up not now not ever
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Korrina Jackie or KJ

Points: 8,212, Level: 13 Points: 8,212, Level: 13 Points: 8,212, Level: 13

Binge eating disorder - May 25th 2011, 11:12 PM

well since i started highschool im a sophmore so last year i overate whenever i was teased instead of crying i would eat and eat when i was alone its gotten bad im not fat i know im not and i just cant help that whenever im down i have to eat its got into my daily routine breakfast snack lunch come home eat more like ten snacks or more then dinner i cant help it i know i need to stop but i cant sometime i get stressed so stressed

live life like it is take it as you go

i may be a adnormal girl liveing an adnormal life but thats what makes me unique

im just a girl who dosent know where she is going

you ask whose my hero you as long as you dont give up on me im fine

its ok to cry get it all out

hun, I LOVE YOU TO DEATH SO DONT GO

im STONGER than you think im WEAKER than i seem so dont underestimate me

never give up on something you cant go a day without thinking about, do you think about life everyday

Last edited by Just Peachy.; May 26th 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Binge eating disorder - May 26th 2011, 05:48 PM

Hey there,

I can definitely relate to what you are going through, having been there at one point myself. Eating a is a way that some of us deal with feelings and emotions. It's a way of coping. It's safer then self harming, but it's not the best way to deal with problems. When you're feeling like you need to eat, can you try and do something else? There is tons of things that you can do in the place of eating. What things do you like to do? What things make you happy. By doing something that you like, you more likely to feel better. Where as over eating can tend to make a situation worse, and appears not to be affective sometimes. Over eating is just as unhealthy as not eating at all. The health risks are different, but still there, none the less.

When you're feeling like eating to rid an emotion, try out these things first. You can chug a glass of water so that you feel more full, don't ever eat in front of the TV and computer because you'll be mindlessly eating, which isn't the best. Also, a good thing to do is to eat more fiber, because fiber is filling.Eating is fine, but everything in moderation. I also would suggest creating a healthy meal plan and follow it. Also, maybe bring your family into all of this. Meaning, let them help you with not eating as much. It's perfectly okay to eat. So, don't get me wrong. There just needs to be a healthy balance and diet set in your life.

The last thing is talking to someone about this. I think that you should talk to someone about this. Or at least talk to someone about the emotions behind over eating. Is there anyone you can talk to? I'm sure there is. What about a teacher, school guidance counselor, friend, parent, etc? I know that talking about your emotions can be really scary, I get that. But it also can be really rewarding as well. The more you talk about your emotions, the easier doing so becomes. A great way to express yourself to people is by writing and showing them what's on the paper. That's what I do with my counselor. I write down all how I am feeling, hand it to her, and that's that. It's quick, and easy and the best way to organize my thoughts.

Hope this helped!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Points: 9,624, Level: 14 Points: 9,624, Level: 14 Points: 9,624, Level: 14

Re: Binge eating disorder - June 1st 2011, 05:16 AM

I do this a lot too, But i eat a lot then when I am depressed I will not eat at all. And it is just getting worse, I will lose [Edited] to [Edited] lbs, then get all happy again and gain it back. I just try to fill my diet with a lot of fruit and fiber like Amoroso said. Just keep healthy things around you.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; June 1st 2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers :)
Closed Thread