View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,102, Level: 15 Points: 11,102, Level: 15 Points: 11,102, Level: 15

Re: How do I keep myself from cutting again? - July 26th 2011, 09:41 PM

hey. I know the feeling of not having any friends due to an ex. How about trying to get in touch with some of your old friends though? Well, on the plus side, if you've been without him for a year and haven't self harmed in that time, that's really good in fact, that's absolutely brilliant

I've just read through some of your older posters to see what you're going through, hope you don't think I'm stalking you! You really have had a lot to deal with and it's no wonder you want to hurt yourself. But what's happened in the past, you know it's not your fault right? If anything, other people deserve to be hurting, most certainly not you! Have you tried talking to a counsellor or anyone about what's happened? I don't think it's something you can deal with on you're on tbh and it's okay to ask for help.
Trying to think of how I keep myself distracted with urges, I guess I just threw out all of my stuff and just kept telling myself I've been this long, another 5mins waiting isn't going to make much difference. Hopefully someone else can think of more ways that you can help yourself. I think the key is in what you said though; "How do I keep myself from ruining this past almost 2 years?" Remind yourself how disappointed you'd feel if you did harm yourself. Is the 10seconds of relief really worth it after all that hard work you've put yourself through the past 2 years?