View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15

Re: do people treat you differently because of your tattoo & piercings? - August 3rd 2011, 09:39 PM

A lot of people do have a bit of an issue with my tattoos and piercings. I have 8 earrings on my left ear and 5 on my right ear. Both of my first holes are a size 6. And I've been working on a half sleeve, have a wrist tattoo, and one on my upper back/lower neck area.

I know where I work, they don't really mind too much. Because I'm a party attendant, some of the parents and family look at me weird, but I feel as if the way someone looks shouldn't dictate who that person is. Same with school. People used to automatically place me in with the misfits and the bad kids, when I'm actually an AP/Honors student who's going for an engineering degree. But, I made sure to get all of them, and in the future to get all of them, in a place that can easily be covered up.

But I really do hate being judged for them. It's art, not the devil reincarnated.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep