View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: do people treat you differently because of your tattoo & piercings? - August 5th 2011, 06:58 PM

Around here, it depends on where you go. Usually, if you have piercings, they will hire you. However, some places will make you take out certain jewelry. My place of work, my earrings (I have 6 in each ear) and nose ring aren't an issue. One of the waitresses had pink streaks in her hair. My boss (in the kitchen) has numerous tattoos. But when my sister worked at McDonald's, they made her take out her nose stud every shift. The people who work at Tim Horton's (kind of like a Canadian version of Dunkin' Donuts, I guess) have had odd colours in their hair, facial piercings (including snakebites, lip, tongue, whatever else), so some places really aren't too strict on that.

Tattoos, well, I think it entirely depends. My one friend has a tattoo covering her lower arm, but she got it after she got her job. She recently lost that job, so I'm not sure how her job hunt is being affected by her tattoo. I have a tattoo, but it's hidden (it's around my hip/stomach area), so I can't speak from any personal experience.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation