View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Whaaatever Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,227, Level: 14 Points: 10,227, Level: 14 Points: 10,227, Level: 14

Re: What does your religion (or lack there of) bring to your life? - January 9th 2009, 08:51 PM

Hummm, I didn't really want to elaborate, but I'll just pop this here before I try to go to sleep. I've pretty much looked at all the major religions, even the satanism mentioned above which I followed for a while (it really is interesting). It's not satanism in the sense of slaughtering kittens and such, I'm sure you could wiki it. :]

Anyway, religion brings me down in most cases since everything's just going in a silly loop we can't hope to ever comprehend in our lifetimes. This is why I'm so annoyed with people who simply accept their religion, I feel they're lucky that they can do so, but still they annoy me. Not being judgemental helps, but it's pretty obvious what they're thinking. Anyway, as Blacksnow said - believing God is everything. I feel that's the source of pretty much everything, religion is only a way for us as humans to try and comprehend everything that we can't, yet it puts limits on people and stops them from trying to understand everything - they feel they can just accept it. If we don't try to understand the 'bigger picture', don't you think it's meaningless to continue existing?

I'm generalising a lot here, since I know all people aren't like this, but you can't tell me that the majority isn't like that. And that in itself is one of the things that drive me into my depression. :/