(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post
A friction burn, caused by masturbation, should not last this long, I would see a doctor. Obviously, I'm not a guy, and please, if a guy is reading this, correct me if I'm wrong. But I do not feel this is typical. My boyfriend has developed irritation from masturbation/excessive sex, and it lasts a few days with just a bit of redness and mild pain, but nothing serious, and always goes away within a few days. I would recommend you see a doctor.
^ This. Even from a girl!

Alex, you're assuming this is 'Friction burn', which is common, it usually appears as a very small, usually circular red spot where the skin is rubbed off. It burns like the dickens, but heals fairly quickly and completely.

So, if it's been there for a while, and/or looks worse, then it's probably something else. It could be an STI (herpes?) if you've had unprotected sex, or it could be a dermatological condition like excema or psoriasis or impetigo, etc., it's your penis, but it's still skin, so it's vulnerable to all the general skin nasties out there.

Call the doc, find out what's going on and get treated

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.