TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chalkman Offline
ChalkMan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Points: 8,445, Level: 13 Points: 8,445, Level: 13 Points: 8,445, Level: 13

Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 06:22 AM

Hi, this is the first time I've taken part in the forum but have read for a while, however I have my own problem and felt that I could do with the advice of you guys!

Basically a few years ago I developed some sort of friction burn on my penis just on my foreskin, it's slightly red and dark, the pain was very mild at the time and to this day I honestly don't feel a thing it's in perfect working order, however it looks slightly ugly. I do not know why it has not disapeared or faded away I have tried a few creams and moisturisers and for some reason it won't go. In truth it has eaten away my self confidence and although I let it happen I'm always a bit shy of a girl going down on me for the first time as I wonder if they'll say anything about it. Thankfully no one has, but it still, although perhaps seems minor is a problem for me and I would feel far more at ease if I could be gone with it.

I'm unsure if the friction burn won't go because I to be fair do masturbate a fair amount and have sex as well which gives it constant "irritation" (though it doesn't hurt in the slightest now) I have tried not masturbating for a couple of weeks (VERY HARD!) and putting creams on it, but to no avail! I was wondering if you could perhaps point me in the direction of some wonder cream that could help me out or something?

Thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 07:43 AM

A friction burn, caused by masturbation, should not last this long, I would see a doctor. Obviously, I'm not a guy, and please, if a guy is reading this, correct me if I'm wrong. But I do not feel this is typical. My boyfriend has developed irritation from masturbation/excessive sex, and it lasts a few days with just a bit of redness and mild pain, but nothing serious, and always goes away within a few days. I would recommend you see a doctor.

something burning?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chalkman Offline
ChalkMan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Points: 8,445, Level: 13 Points: 8,445, Level: 13 Points: 8,445, Level: 13

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 08:06 AM

There isn't anything else other than masturbation that could have caused it that I can think of, though thats the problem I am worrying that it is permanent and I won't ever be able to get rid of it, I desperately don't want to go parading it to a doctor but I guess I may have to...
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 01:30 PM

Could it be a scar?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkman View Post
There isn't anything else other than masturbation that could have caused it that I can think of, though thats the problem I am worrying that it is permanent and I won't ever be able to get rid of it, I desperately don't want to go parading it to a doctor but I guess I may have to...
Hm, thing is, I once got a friction burn on my penis a few years back (we were drunk, this meant she was..dry. Go figure) and whilst it was all red and painful for a couple days, that's as long as it lasted, and that's despite my penis being, er, frequently used those few days too.
Does it look like scar tissue though? If you're not 100% sure, google image search 'mild scar tissue' or something, though be prepared for the images not exactly being pretty (obviously >.> ) ^^;
I'm assuming also, that you've been tested for STIs and stuff, so you know it isn't actually a blotchy rash or something?
Thing is, you could ask a doctor, since there are more powerful creams that might help, but some of them might only be available via prescription, so whilst it is a rather awkward thing to talk to a doctor about, just think about all the other people with even more awkward stuff that the doctor would have to deal with every single day ^^;

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 02:01 PM

An ex of mine had this last year ... I gave him some of my cocoa butter which works on everything for me and it helped clear it up from him super quick. It was Palmers cocoa butter, you can get little bottles of it fairly cheap and it doesn't smell girly or anything, but it's great for most skin problems.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: Friction Burn on My Penis - October 15th 2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post
A friction burn, caused by masturbation, should not last this long, I would see a doctor. Obviously, I'm not a guy, and please, if a guy is reading this, correct me if I'm wrong. But I do not feel this is typical. My boyfriend has developed irritation from masturbation/excessive sex, and it lasts a few days with just a bit of redness and mild pain, but nothing serious, and always goes away within a few days. I would recommend you see a doctor.
^ This. Even from a girl!

Alex, you're assuming this is 'Friction burn', which is common, it usually appears as a very small, usually circular red spot where the skin is rubbed off. It burns like the dickens, but heals fairly quickly and completely.

So, if it's been there for a while, and/or looks worse, then it's probably something else. It could be an STI (herpes?) if you've had unprotected sex, or it could be a dermatological condition like excema or psoriasis or impetigo, etc., it's your penis, but it's still skin, so it's vulnerable to all the general skin nasties out there.

Call the doc, find out what's going on and get treated

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.
Closed Thread