View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Possible start of an eating disorder...? - October 29th 2011, 06:00 PM

When we're stressed out about something, or have a lot of things going on.. we tend to not be hungry. Also, some people who are depressed lack appetite, where as others have a very active one. I don't think you're anorexic. People who suffer from anorexia have something else in their life going on, causing them to want to starve themselves. It's a way to gain control when they feel they lack it in other areas of their lives. Someone with Anorexia has severe insecurities, and anxiety. They have very low self esteem. Those who have it, don't eat because they aren't hungry.. they don't eat because they have a huge fear that they'll gain weight from it. Though, I'm not a doctor.. I can almost guarantee you (from what you've described here), that you don't have an Eating Disorder.

Your friend Stevie, sounds great.. but he, like any of us on here, isn't a doctor, and should not be diagnosing you. He should be encouraging you to see a doctor about this issue. They're licensed doctors and can really aid in helping you curve this issue. Stevie as a supporter is awesome. We all need support. Also, someone genuinely caring about you is nice too. Keep getting support from him. Keep letting him help you. You're not alone in this issue. I would also talk to your parents for support. Parents often times have a wealth of knowledge that us teens don't! Plus, they're worried about you too, and can help you get the help you need.

In short, I think you should see a doctor. Not eating can cause a lot of health problems for you. Depriving yourself of nutrients will result in your immune system potentially declining. If you're simply not hungry, a doctor can tell you what foods you can/should eat so that you can retain and gain nutrients. Also, they can refer you to a nutritionist as well. They specialize in diets for people with all sorts of different backgrounds. They'll create a healthy diet for you based on multiple factors. Your job is just to stick to it!

Hope this helped!
Take care,
-Lyndsee