View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,780, Level: 15 Points: 10,780, Level: 15 Points: 10,780, Level: 15

Online dating part 2 - November 11th 2011, 12:11 AM

So a few of you read my last post saying I am trying online dating again. The guy and I have really hit it off messaging and chatting together. I still have slight doubts about his honesty purely because it's online. But the more we have been talking the more I trust him. Thing is I think he has imagined me to be..well better than I actually am. He talks like I am breathtakingly beautiful and have an amazing personality and I just can't believe it when I have only been asked out once in my life and have been rejected multiple times. I also worry that maybe I have too good an image of him built up in my mind and that he isn't going to measure up.
Basically I am worried about getting too emotionally invested only to disappoint each other later, so I asked him if he would like to video chat sometime soon. That way we can sorta talk face to face without actually meeting. But I am also afraid of kinda "breaking the spell" so to speak. I have been sorta pointing out some of my little flaws the past couple days, not much, but enough that I am hoping he doesn't have this picture of me as this perfect woman.
I know I haven't really asked a question again, I tend to do that. Basically I am just looking for some opinions, online dating tips maybe, and just need to talk someone other than my one close friend (I haven't told anyone else cuz I am not 100% sure we will even meet).