View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Would you date (or are you dating) someone you've never met in person? - November 22nd 2011, 02:01 AM

"Dating" doesn't mean the same thing to me that it does to most others. To me, dating is a time where you get to know someone on a deeper level to figure out if you could potentially get married some day. It's where you talk one-on-one and go on dates (even just to each other's houses) to get to know each other better and talk about the details of what you want in a man/woman. I would like to be close friends with someone before even thinking about dating them.

With that being said, dating online is not ideal for me and I wouldn't purposely do something like that. If I accidentally met someone online or through a mutual friend and ended up wanting to date them, and if they asked me to, I would consider it. I'd have to spend a decent amount of time with them in person before marrying them though.

So in conclusion, I don't think it's wrong, but I would prefer to know the person in real life.