View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
SupremeCommander Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14

Being gay is lonely - November 27th 2011, 02:25 PM

Heellooo

So,
Anyone else think that being gay is kinda lonely? I mean I've been out for over two years now and I've yet to have a boyfriend or have anyone else want me haha. I dunno if it's just me but I never seem to meet gay guys aside from randoms on nights out who really just want to sleep with you. At present I only know two gay guys aside from myself.
I would say I was pretty sociable, I have a lot of friends and have started doing a lot of new things over the past few years and still haven't really met anyone. I even joined my uni's LGBT society but I only went for a couple of weeks cause they all already knew each other and I felt totally out of place and like I didn't fit in.
I'm actually really lonely. All of my friends are straight and most of them either are in a relationship or have had multiple and it kinda makes you feel left out. I went to counselling for a while because I have cripplingly low self-esteem and she said that the reason I want a boyfriend so much is so I can feel as though someone loves me as a substitute for the fact that I don't love myself and that it really wouldn't solve anything.
But that is off topic. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that in comparison to being straight being gay is very lonely? Because there are less gay people than straight people I suppose :P