View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
nicky1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 11,007, Level: 15 Points: 11,007, Level: 15 Points: 11,007, Level: 15

Re: Need an impartial opinion - Is is ok that a girlfriend in a long term relationship find other males attractive? - November 30th 2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
I totally missed have of this thread, and I didn't read through all the answers, so I'm just going to reply to the first post.

I've been in a committed relationship for nearly 3 years. My anniversary is coming up at the end of January. I love my boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I've stopped appreciating the opposite sex, or noticing them. My boyfriend feels the same. I've caught him looking at other girls, and while it's bothersome, I don't say anything because I've done it too. I'd pretty much look like a hypocrite if I did, and then the whole ordeal would just blow up in my face.

We can't stop the fact that we're humans, and of course, we're going to be attracted to other people whether we're in relationships or not. It's hormones, and just being a human being. We can't stop those things, though I know some of us wish we could. I know how much we hate to see that our partners may be attracted to other people. But, it's just something that happens sometimes. What is importantis if we try to make something out of that attraction or not, like cheating on our significant other. If that were the case, there would be more of a problem than just a simple attraction.
Thank you for answering!

Of course that's exactly the only thing which is important, what you said.

I do it, she does it from time to time, I get it how it works, there's nothing we can do about it. But I'm still bothered by following: how come I have the control over myself to look down immediately when I notice someone attractive purely out of respect for my girlfriend, and she on the other hand openly says "That guy is so handsome". I can guarantee that if I said "Wow, that girl is so hot" she would get very angry at me, hell she gets angry if she catches me looking just for a second. Well, if she knows exactly how it feels I was confused why she would do the same thing to me, if not worse, anyways.