View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 19,139, Level: 20 Points: 19,139, Level: 20 Points: 19,139, Level: 20

Re: Is this considered date rape, or any type of rape? - December 24th 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloovee View Post
i dont really understand why this needs to be reported...
thank god, i wasnt hurt. i have class with him every day and i am beyond embarassed to even admit this happened to me. i only told 1 of my friends (aside from who was there) i cant believe i put my self in a situation where this can happen to me...
It needs to be reported because date rape -is- a crime. Although you may have made yourself vulnerable by drinking, it is his responsibility to not take advantage of you. If you don't report it, it may happen again to another girl. Rape (of any kind) can be difficult to cope with and the last thing you want is for him to do something to another girl (whether he will or not, you don't know and I'm sure you'd rather not risk it). I know you don't think he's a criminal, but he did commit a serious crime and needs to be brought to justice.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.