blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: College & sixth form choices - January 21st 2012, 07:08 PM

Hey Charli

I'll break this down:

1) The really good one. Cost is obviously an issue, but that aside, really it's only the timing which is hard. Getting up at 6 every morning would be difficult, but doable. It's likely you'd have to get up that early for a job or university when you're older. You'd have to stick around to get the bus back, BUT this could be a good thing. You wouldn't be distracted, and it gives you time to do your homework or whatever you got that day before you even get home! Because it's so much easier to procrastinate when you're at home :P Depending on what time your college finishes, you could have an hour or more just dedicated to work before it's time to come back!

2) Your sixth form, personally, I don't think is worth it. A 60% pass rate is pretty poor, and if people just get refused from university because they went to that sixth form, it seems a risky choice. Also, at the end of the day, I don't think an extra half an A Level is going to count for too much.

3) The place where you've been accepted is a possibility. However, if you don't think it feels right, I don't think you should go there. I felt the same with a local college, and have now settled on going to my own sixth form because it makes me feel so much more comfortable. It 'fits' me, if you know what I mean? If you don't feel that connection, I'm not sure how good it'd be. You might not enjoy it or get the grades you could if you were in a better environment.

You're a very intelligent girl, and will do well wherever you go, but my advice would be to go to number 1, if that's where you want to go Best of luck <3