View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13

Re: Would you ever put a girlfriend/boyfriend before family? - April 2nd 2012, 12:36 PM

You know, sometimes when somebody is so much in love with someone, they won't think logically and even refuse to think logically. He would rather believe the lies than loosing her for now because she has something that he wants right now -- love. He's just being stupid by not seeing the fact and just believe her blindly. Cheers up Becky, once he realizes that everything he wants to believe is wrong, he'll see things differently.

Answering your questions, when I was with my ex boyfriends, I never put them before my family because back then I always thought that they might not be the one for me and why should I sacrificed my family for relationships that I wasn't even sure will last to marriage. And yes, I've been cheated on and I broke up with them.

But things were different when I met my fiance. I knew that our relationship will last and he's a great guy and I know that there are things that are worth doing for him. And in difficult situations, somehow rather than sacrificing either my family or him, I always try to find solutions that will work best for both sides.
And even if one day I catch him lying to me or anything, I think I will investigate and find out what has happened until he needs to lie to me. People always have reasons why they lie, it's just whether it's for good cause or bad cause. Then from there I can see whether he's still trustworthy or not.

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

Last edited by Flavalicious; April 2nd 2012 at 12:44 PM.